These costs are for 2024, if paying this year see your Kindo account
The Rāroa Annual Donation is $270. The Design Production Education donation is $70 per student which covers some of the cost of the take home materials used in these programmes. There is also a fee of $20 for Education Perfect, which is an online platform for students to access learning anywhere, anytime. The Annual Donation enables the school to provide a wider range of resources and activities than are covered by state funding. The school relies on the generosity of its parents in making a voluntary donation to make up the difference. Your donations helps us fund:
- Additional staffing to enable specialisation
- Age-specific resources, such as technology to support teaching and learning
- Turfed areas and specific equipment
- Counselling and resilience services
- Extension and enrichment opportunities
- Additional resourcing to support performing arts, the Library, DPE and sport.
Rāroa strongly encourages BYOD. (Bring your own device) The Chromebook is the preferred device with students and teachers and can be purchased through Rāroa’s Kindo store.
Please consider paying the donation early as it helps to provide many of the resources for our students over the year. Alternatively you are able to pay this over time to help with payments. This donation is voluntary and is tax deductible. A receipt will be issued for Income Tax purposes.
It is now easier to claim a tax credit for any donations made to the school through a secure online service – myIR. There is no need to complete a paper form. Electronic receipts can be uploaded at any time during the year and IRD will automatically calculate the credit and pay it into the bank account supplied. This means you will receive your refund much sooner.
Click here for more information and to register for myIR.
Please note that opportunities for education outside the classroom are many and various at Raroa. These will incur additional costs payable at the time of the event.
If your workplace is contributing to the school donation please email email@example.com so it can be allocated to the correct student.
Claiming back your Donation rebate
You can claim back 33.33c for every dollar you spend on donations (where donations are greater than $5). Here’s how to find our school donation receipts for this years’ tax rebate claim:
- Log in to myKindo.co.nz and go to My Orders.
- Choose record type ‘Donation Receipts’.
- Set the date range
- Select Download Summary for IRD tax return to get a PDF document suitable for attaching to your tax return (containing all school donation amounts paid in the year). Individual donation receipts can also be downloaded as required, or several can be selected and downloaded into a zip file.
Information is available on support.mykindo.co.nz
NOTE: Kindo cannot change the details on your donation receipt, so please ensure your Account Holder name is correct BEFORE paying any donations. Donation receipts will only be issued for items that the school has nominated as ‘donation receipt required’.